Saturday, February 3, 2018

Recent Buy - Duke Energy Corporation (DUK)

Yesterday February 2, I bought 15 shares of Duke Energy Corporation at $ 76.49 per share plus commission.


My overall cost basis of this position decreases from $ 83.39 to $ 80.53 per share. I totally hold now 35 shares of DUK and my yield on cost is 4.42%. You can look at my first purchase of DUK here.


 
Details of my purchase: 


 

With current yearly dividend ($ 3.56), my last purchase 15 shares of DUK increases € 31.92 ($ 39.78) of expected annual net dividend income. At today's exchange rate, this purchase will increase my portfolio projected annual net dividend income approximately to € 11,690.00. After this acquisition, DUK's weight of my portfolio is about 0.54% and its share of future annual dividend income is approximately 0.64%. My purpose is slowly to build up DUK's share of my portfolio, if the price remains at these levels. All in all weight of utilities in my portfolio is currently about 8 percent, my purpose is to slowly increase their weight during this year. I would like to open a position in the FTS, WEC, AWR and WTR as well.

Click here to see my portfolio.

Full Disclosure: Long DUK

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Nice buy! Congrats! I used to own DUK when it was in 70. I got scared of the interest rake hikes and sold it :(

    ReplyDelete